Call or Text 828.221.2223

Contact by Email


Post-Separation Support

Post-separation support (PSS) is financial support that one spouse provides to the other upon their separation.  The spouse who provides support is called the "supporting spouse," and the spouse who receives support is called the "dependent spouse."  The amount of support is determined when both spouses complete a Financial Affidavit that helps weigh the surplus of the supporting spouse against the shortfall of the dependent spouse.  I am a Hickory post-separation support  attorney who can help with your post-separation support case.  Contact me to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.